A unique opportunity for a freelance Project Coordinator, based in Cambridge, to join the epic Our Place in Space team.
Coordinating the creative programming and logistics of the Our Place in Space project on site in Cambridge.
The Project Coordinator is a highly motivated and solution driven person/organisation who will support the delivery of the Our Place in Space sculpture trail in Cambridge during August 2022, working with a range of partners and stakeholders. With a focus on the daily operations of the trail, the recruitment and management of a team of guardians/volunteers and events programming.
The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Producer, Senior Producers and wider Our Place in Space team. Comfortable working to challenging deadlines, the Project Coordinator will have knowledge of producing projects for diverse audiences and have a commitment to creating accessible art in the public realm. An individual or an organisation will be considered.
Executive Producer/ Senior Producers
- Be the main point of contact for all partners and stakeholders at the Cambridge site
- Assist the Senior Producers to recruit a small welcome team and volunteers, then manage on site during August
- Work directly with the Senior Producers to curate and produce an opening weekend of fun-filled STEAM-based activities with local organisations and curate smaller activation activities at peak weekend times during August to engage the local community
- Manage and report on the events programme budget
- Act as Safeguarding Officer for the site (training provided)
- Work with the Project’s Health & Safety Consultant to implement H&S procedures on the site
- Liaise with external contractors to manage logistics on site in terms of facilities, security, and maintenance management
- Liaise with local authorities on appropriate licences and permits
- Assist in the project evaluation for the Cambridge site
This is an immediate requirement. A time commitment of 8–10 days a month is envisaged between February and June. This is likely to increase to 15–20 days a month in July and August, with the sculpture trail opening on 30 July 2022 for a four-week run.
Installation — Week of 25/07/22
Opening weekend — Sat 30/07/22 - Sun 31/07/22
Close — Mon 29/08/22
De-rig — Tues 30/08/22- Sun 4/09/22
This is a contracted freelance position. A daily rate will be agreed commensurate with skills and experience.
How to apply:
Please email the following information to Edel Harkin, email@example.com by 12pm on Thursday 17 February 2022:
- A CV;
- A covering letter (maximum two A4 sides) describing your suitability for the position and how your past experience matches the required services and responsibilities outlined above;
- Indicative daily rate.
About Nerve Centre:
Nerve Centre is Northern Ireland’s leading creative media centre.
UNBOXED: Creativity is a once-in-a-lifetime celebration of creativity, taking place across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and online from March to October 2022.
We’re lifting the lid on 10 awe-inspiring new ideas, shaped across science, technology, engineering, the arts and mathematics by brilliant minds working in unexpected collaborations. Unmissable events and unforgettable experiences are coming to places and spaces right across the UK: from coastal towns and city centres to breathtaking areas of natural beauty.